Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Modest Proposal

This was the most questionable readings that I have ever read.  At first, I thought I was reading the wrong thing because it was so weird and different!  Why did I think this? The title is called "A Modest Proposal."  What is modest about selling children to eat?!?  That is just disgusting. I think Swift's writing made me think how thankful I should be about my life.  I have it SO good! I'm not ever sold to people for food!  In addition, this writing also made me question what I eat everyday.  It literally made me scared to eat Mcdonald's or any other junk food.  This writing was awfully disgusting and ugly.  However, it teaches others to be thankful for what you have! I don't think anyone in our state would allow newborn children to be fed to others because of the hard economic times that are happening today.  Swift successfully challenges a family to be more loving and respectful.

No comments:

Post a Comment