Monday, December 10, 2012

Hymn

I Refuse by Josh Wilson
In my opinion, this hymn is very inspiring to apathetic Christians like myself.  In just the first few lines, the song describes my Christian life.

"Sometimes I, I just want to to close my eyes, and act like everyone's alright, when I know they're not.  This world needs God, but it's easier to stand and watch, I could say a prayer and just move on, like nothing's wrong."

This song inspires me to encourage my friends and I to go out and do stuff for God.  I think many of the people at Hanalani do not feel the need to share the Gospel.  However, this song continually challenges me to grow in my relationship with God.

"But, I refuse.  'Cause I don't want to live like I don't care, I don't want to say another empty prayer, Oh I refuse, to sit around and wait for someone else, to do what God has told me to do myself, oh I could choose, not to move but I refuse."

No comments:

Post a Comment