Thursday, November 8, 2012

Of Studies

I feel that this quote from Sir Francis Bacon's Of Studies depicts a very accurate picture of how people study in current times.  For example, many people in today's time do work in order to reap "worldly" benefits.  Instead doing school work comprehensively, I sometimes find myself studying in order to only maintain good grades.  In addition, I often take for granted any reading that I do.  Like reading devotions, I often read without comprehension just to say that I have read my Bible.  However, instead, I should think about what God's work has to say for me.  I often assume that I will learn what I should have read in my devotions in chapel or school.  This quote from Bacon is very relatable and true.  It actually describes many of my apathetic and spoiled characteristics in taking education for granted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment