Monday, January 14, 2013

Modeling Burns

A Red, Red Rose


My Version:
O, my love is like a red, red, tulip.
 That’s bright and happy in my sight:
O, my love is like a song,
 Playing through my mind every night.

My love is beautiful,
 I think about it all the time,
And I will love it forever,
 And hope that it’s always mine.

I will keep it deep in my heart,
 Until it can no longer stay,
And I will cherish it forever,
 And be happy in every way.

But for now my love,
I have to let go of you,
But, I’ll come back when I can,
Because I love you. 

My Version:
O my luve is like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June;
O, my luve is like the melodie
That's sweetly play'd in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I:
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry:

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun:
I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.

And fare thee well, my only Luve
And fare thee well, a while!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho' it were ten thousand mile. 




Works Cited
Horton, Ronald A. British Literature for Christian Schools. Greenville, SC: Bob Jones University Press, 1992. Print

No comments:

Post a Comment